#49   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 07:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlynn
Even though I like low carb eating and know that a person can be successful doing it, the part that I can't come to terms with is adding the carbs back in. For some people (like me) it can trigger a carb binge of monumental proportions LOL. This happened to me and all the weight I'd lost came back. I read something in another book that made a lot of sense to me - that when you cut carbs so drastically for so long and then try to re-introduce them - your body doesn't know what to with them because it's gotten so used to using the fat you eat and that's stored for fuel - so it stores the carbs you eat - all of them. This is not me saying this, this is what I read in a book whether it's true or not, I don't know. But for me it gave me a reason for wanting to try this because you get to keep your carbs (veggies) so adding other ones back in (the right ones) doesn't become a problem for your body to handle. It almost sounds like the missing link.

I'm still reluctant to buy another book, especially since it has the thing about 18 minutes of intense exercise. I'm not physically able to do anything intense, and I just plain hate any exercise at all, so basically I know that's what's keeping me from losing with any diet I try. SB emphasizes veggies, but I'm not all that fond of them. Right now I'm pretty depressed about not being able to loose wt. and a multitude of other (not obvious to others, but) very irritating health issues.