#35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: NA
Stats: 230/230/230
BF:
Progress:

Doreen:
I glanced at the excerpts and will read the full article later. I believe this is what I was looking for with my question.

Lisa:
> I think you should do a bit more study on biophysiology
I never said I was studied in that area. That's why I was asking this forum if Phil Kaplan's concept was possible or not.

I will also look into the insulin issue. Sounds interesting.

You are correct in saying that the Bible mentions seasons and snow. However, if you look at all the contexts where seasons are used and also contexts with fruit, you should notice some irregularities that indicate that fruit back then was most likely very plentiful and withstood seasons. Even the incredible hailstorm that God sent to Egypt during the exodus was not enough to destroy all the fruit - swarms of locusts had to do that job. But again, that's not the topic at hand, and we only have so much reliable information to go on, since some people discount the Bible as not being accurate, and it's probably best in this scenario to use a common, agreed-upon source of information. Likewise, I don't agree that paleontologists come up with accurate results all the time. If we ever get to a point where all age studies agree with each other, then I might start to believe that cooperative study.

Re: Protein Power and plans that don't recommend going into ketosis - I thought I asked about this before. They still recommend cutting back on carbs, enough that a person would probably go into ketosis anyway. Just because they don't -recommend- explicitly that you go into ketosis doesn't mean that the person won't go into ketosis on that plan.

> Yes, people who are starving are in ketosis, but the reverse does not hold true. The presence of ketones are not what tells the body it's starving...
You stated this already, and I already noted that I never claimed the reverse. Ketones are the result after the body thinks its starving. I understand this.

Regarding the "regular" diets, once I get a chance to study insulin, I will probably have more questions related to this.

tamarian:
<frown>
I realize that you are probably a forum administrator, but I think you are way out of line with your comments. Your comments make me believe that you are getting annoyed and you've just decided to make me look like a trouble-starter. While it's not wise to attack a forum admin, I have to say that I don't really appreciate your condescending attitude. Everyone else on this thread has been very polite and respectful.

> It is pointless to argue with someone who have already made up their mind, and refuses to share the scientific sources they claim led them to their beleifs.

First, I have not already made up my mind - I have made it clear that I am open-minded about this, and I have made clear my purposes for asking critical questions.

Second, I have also made clear that this is information I've gathered from different online sources, not necessarily scientific journals, and I've also listed these sources at the bottom of the articles (something that leads me to believe that you skipped over some of my messages).

Third, I put together that compilation and I believe I am now quite valid in respectfully and politely discussing the article(s) with the people on this forum. The "War Zone" has a hidden connotation that makes its threads sound frivolous, and personally I don't think this discussion should be labeled frivolous.

So please don't feed me patronizing phrases like "I respect your opinion" and discard me. Yes, I have developed an opinion based from other listed sources, and now I'm quite freely offering the chance to discredit the information contained in my opinion.

- Jonathan