#50   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 19:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 318/213.2/185 Female 5ft 6.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmoregrl
Hey I am new here....Congrats on the new one....You sound like such a wonderful mom doing research on formula.....I formula feed my first and enjoyed it,this time I breastfeed.....

I think if I was going to formula feed again in the future I would make my own formula.........Google it and you can find stuff on it......http://www.westonaprice.org/children/recipes.html

Theres a link to this site they are a very protien based website and there is alota of very healthy homeade formula recipes in that link...I just want you to know I am not trying to seeling anything or spam....I was lurking and had to post to this...Now I am off to inturduce myself.....Take Care =)

Hi Welcome!

I reviewed some recipes for home made formula and honestly there is just a lot of ingredients on there that are not easily obtainable, so that makes it too much of a hassle with a newborn- especially in my case when i dont have any family around to help- i can not go and seek out a lot of that stuff. I would say it is a great idea for those living near farms and stuff to get fresh milk and so on.