View Single Post
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-17, 12:09

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

I don't see any other semi-low carb thread so I'm going to post here. If someone knows of an active thread, please direct me. I have floundered around all of 2016. That brought me back over 200. I am resistant to doing 20 gm of carb Low Carb. I am interested in finding the carb level that brings me to a good weight and good blood sugar readings. Isn't that what Atkins was originally set up to do before some people changed it to zero carb? I'm not criticizing. I know that some people are so carb sensitive that zero carb is the only way. Just not for me.

I started again on the first of January and have lost 7 lbs and dropped my blood sugar about 50 points so far. Some days I have zero carbs. Others I am up as high as 70 gm. I stopped trying to do intermittent fasting as all that did was make me want to eat. I am eating 2-3 small meals per day, and 1-2 snacks with no snacking in between. I used to eat a lot of protein, thinking that I was OK as long as it was low carb. That just didn't work for me. I am still eating vegetables, but just small portions, and it does include a carrot or two, a bite of potato occasionally. I do much better eating these smaller meals than I did trying OMAD or other intermittent fasting. I don't get hungry at all, and I'm no longer tempted to snack because I know that my next meal will be a few hours away. I eat about every 5 hours. I don't crave, because I know I can eat a bite of anything I want if I want to. Knowing that makes me not want to. I know this is a beginners whoosh I'm having and that I will stall eventually. I will reevaluate at that time and see what I need to to. Right now I'm very happy with this plan, and happy with the results, especially the blood sugar.