#11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-17, 10:22

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
I don't find it hard to imagine that someone is not losing on <1000 calories per day. What I do find more difficult to imagine is that someone cures it by eating 2500 predominantly carbohydrate calories per day.

If that's true (and, who knows, maybe it is), her body operates much differently than mine.

I ate mostly bananas for a week, once. Went into that from basically Atkins. I was surprised to find that it had a very diuretic effect, even though I was trying to eat to maintenance, I kept losing body water. Since I probably went in with low glycogen stores, I would have thought I'd at least gain some glycogen weight.

I wonder if she's checked her blood glucose? Early on, before injecting insulin became an option, a low carb diet was used as an attempt to slow weight loss. Insulin doesn't need to be as high to store 1000 calories as fat and protein as it does to store 1000 calories of carbohydrate, carbs are only fattening if enough insulin shows up to do the job.

Or maybe it's a salt/potassium thing, the usual suggested intakes don't make much difference, but more extreme changes might. I didn't salt those bananas.