View Single Post
  #115   ^
Old Wed, May-13-15, 12:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Here is the article. I did put up a thread but they get put in odd places. I wanted to put it in the same area this one but no luck so here it is:
Another explanation.. of flux frustration

Read on if you want to understand "fluctuations" and "yo-yo's" ! I replied to a post and I thought other people might be interested to read this: I too hate those scale "fluctuations" and "yo-yos". Not only do they make us doubt (I am doing this right?? why am I gaining I follow the diet to the T !!!???) I did some research and I found something very interesting online and I will share with you if you don't mind. We have in our bodies, a FIX amount of fat cells, we don't loose fat cells as we loose weight, it is just that those cells are letting go the fat and are shrinking. Our body in return, try to "keep everything intact, in balance, as it is..." so it temporarely replaces the fat with water, sometime with even more water than the amount of fat coming out! And as your cells slowly "de-flate" and get back to normal, your body "tighten" the cells and let go off the water. (they give the example of a air balloon that you would inflate to the max for a long period of time, when you finally let the air out, the balloon is very wrinkled and don't look like the balloon you first started with...) for your body, the fat causes "inbalance" and your body has to heal the same way as if you had a cut, the deaper the cut, the longer your body will take to heal it, "fix" it. The "wrinklier" the balloon, the longer it takes to heal it... That would explain why we might see a good new low weight, we are all excited, then next day it is up 2 pounds and those 2 pounds take a few days to go back down, just to reveal a new low, and then the same cycle start again. Next time you see a 2 pound high, remember, your body just noticed a fat loss and is "balancing" and "healing" things out, that mean you HAVE loss fat and you are on the verge of seeing a new LOW on the scale. Instead of being frustrated, we should be rejoycing! It is certainly not time to eat out of the book! I also understand better why they say a plateau is 4 weeks or more. They say It can take up to 4 weeks for certain person's cells to get back to normal, to heal, it depends on the speed of the weight loss, how long we have been overweight and other factors. After 4 weeks those fat cells are back to normal for sure if you are a healthy person, they are done healing, so if you still don't loose, it's time to tweak and see what you can do to break the plateau, Dr.Atkins' book show several way to help, his 1972 version, if you have it, would be a good place to start... I just did 2 x fat fast the Dr.Atkins recommend in his book and broke a 4 months plateau and went down 12 pounds, according on what I just described, I assume it would be normal that I stay at or around that weigh for a few to several days. I can maybe add... the body uses water to "fix" or "heal" our muscles too after a good work-out. You can be 2 pounds heavier after a good workout and this is not muscles just yet... it is water that your system uses to "heal" your body. If your muscles "hurt", then there is water in it. If you weigh everyday you will see normal fluctuations, look at the monthly fluctuations and not weekly, if you weigh once a week or twice a week, don't trust the scale because as Jacq said, you might just be in a part where your body is "fixing" your cells and the next day could have show you a number totally different. So when you follow the Dr. Atkins's book to the T and see a gain on the scale, REJOYCE! A new LOW is on it's way! I am no doctor and this is finding I did online, those appears to be written by a doctor so I would tend to believe it. Do your own researches and you won't be "disappointed" or "frustrated" and indulge when you see a small gain on the scale... I wonder... If we see a BIG gain on the scale, does that mean we have a big loss of fat??!! replaced by a LOT of WATER and a BIG new low is coming!!! That's great! LOL Have a terrific day all...
To this information I will also add: Yes, we do have set fat cells that we create at different times of life. The do not float away.They are laways there... and for those considering liposuction, or have had that and had some odd things happen...:

Our bodies REPLACE lost fat cells. How unfair is THAT! I was told that by my surgeon after I had abdomniopastic surgery aka "tummy tuck".. after losing the 190 lbs it was medically needed for the flap of belly.. yes, we know what that is if you have been obese...

well, soon after that was done, I noticed that my uh..well.. hmm... ok.. no other way t o say this.. my bra was getting tight and I got bigger.. before I could not see my toes becasue of my belly and now I could not see them because of this new development.. when I asked my wonderful surgeon and pal what was going on he laughed and explained that the fat cells return in other areas and usually in the chest for women.. not happy me!

So, I hope you enjoyed the article and I find this so true on both medical knowledge and personal!

Published Friday, March 21, 2014 03:48 AM by Cricket5656