#2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-13, 05:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/206.4/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluoly
Retread Atkins revolution. I always drop out because everyone I know tell me how Atkins is bad for the heart, the liver, the kidneys, etc...you know? I'm scarred of hurting myself even if I feel great after a week on Atkins and there's so many studies in the book that make sense!

Even though I am so very thankful for Dr. Atkins and the Atkins diet for giving me my life back, I am guilty of sometimes not giving him, or the diet, credit for my weight loss for this very reason. The reason of people always wanting to put down the diet. I could go on all day about how I feel people that put down the Atkins diet are ignorant (which means uneducated) and are allowing society to tell them what path to follow because they are too lazy to do their research themselves.

With that said, when people ask me what "diet" I am on, I tell them I eat a clean, unprocessed diet. If the person continues to ask, I share that my diet consists of eating food as close to its original state as possible and avoids "man made" foods that are filled with chemicals, carcinogens, and artificial flavors. People are usually content with this answer. I know it's quite a mouth full but it does deter the infamous "Atkins diet will kill you" conversation and no one has yet to tell me how eating this way is going to make me die.