Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 05:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
Hey all... recovery going well, just very tired. Wanted to eat really lightly, but needed to make sure things started moving, if you know what I mean. Thankfully they have.
So glad to hear that you are recovering well and that things are "moving" nicely!

Sorry to hear you are still tired, but that's to be expected! Let your family pamper you until you're fully recovered!
Quote:
Jo, your schedule sounds nice: last year I had 2 90-min history classes a day, along with a bunch of 30-min ones. It was tough. This year they asked if I could teach a writing class to 6-8. I said yes, IF she could promise I'd keep teaching it. I poured all my energy into crafting good history lessons so I'd have an easier time this year. We start back in a month, too. Summer is not long enough.
So you know EXACTLY where I'm coming from!

Wow, so you're changing subjects! I hope they allow you to continue teaching it b/c I know how much work it is to create good lessons!

In our district, money does not get spent on elective classes only CORE classes. So we don't get any resources or textbooks (if applicable). Last time we adopted a Food Science textbook was back in 2002! My keyboarding text book is from 1997. But it's all good, the keys on the keyboard have NOT moved!

I've spent years and years developing my curriculum for all my classes. As you well know, curriculum is a work in progress, especially with what I teach...

I've had to write worksheets, create PowerPoints, computer tutorials etc. I even wrote a 73 page guitar music manual for my guitar classes b/c I couldn't find anything I really liked available commercially. I can get them printed at the district level for free which means no cost to the parents; some moan that they have to buy a guitar, etc... Pffffffffffft!

I am NOT complaining about all the work I've put into my classes... that's the nature of the beast when one teaches electives here in our district! And I NEVER do anything on the fly when I teach...but then again, I'm the epitome of organization and it would so go against the grain!!

I spend hours and hours on the weekends writing lesson plans etc... you probably do the exact same thing... we have a 40 min prep each day...yeah that ain't enough to do much except input grades, contact 'rents and catch one's breath....oh and use the bathroom!

Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent! But you can probably tell that I am very passionate about teaching!

And I know you've heard this before:

If you can READ this, thank a teacher!