View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction
Stats: 284/180/145 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hello Everyone – Hope you all had a great holiday on the fourth!

I haven’t been on here for a while because I went into a deep depression and went totally off program. It got so bad I was buying anywhere from 16-24 big cream-filled frosted donuts at our local Tim Horton’s coffee shop and that’s what I ate all day. I had ballooned up to 284 lbs. – I could hardly move enough to get in the car, couldn’t fit in the bathtub, and was pretty much lying down all day because of the pain in my back and knees. I figured that my obituary was going to read “Death by Donuts,” and so help me, I didn’t care!

Anyway, my son insisted I get help, and I was referred to a psychiatrist who put me on new medications and I’ve been feeling so much better that I knew I could tackle the weight problem again. I’ve been back on Atkins ’72 induction now for about 4-1/2 months and my weight has gone down to 242 lbs. No cheating at all – not once!

As part of my treatment, my psychiatrist insisted that I go to a dietician to get my binge eating under control, and the trouble is the dietician doesn’t even want to hear about the Atkins diet – not even the new one. I’ve had blood tests done and they show that my blood sugars and cholesterol levels are fine and she is still trying to get me to add brown rice, whole wheat bread and berries to my diet. My family doctor has no problem with Atkins, so I may have to ask her to send a letter to my psychiatrist asking him to back off on the dietician. We’ll see what happens.

In the meantime, I’ve been invited to a family graduation party for my granddaughter who is going to university in the fall, and I’ve told them I’ll come if I can bring my own food! Sorry this is so long – I’m just venting a bit here.

Hope everybody in the group is doing well and the weather doesn’t get too bad out there in the Midwest! Namaste.

PS I read the article mentioned above, and could answer Yes to almost all the questions - a sugar addict I yam I yam for sure!