#105   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 20:34

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea
I only eat muscle meat, I am doing fine. But, you need to find what works for you, how do you feel on muscle meat alone?

Did you get from 168 to 110 doing zero carb? How long did it take you to get there? Your photo looks great!

EDIT: Never mind, I read through the old thread so now I know.

Can I join in here a bit? I'm very intrigued with the whole ZC idea, and I feel I'm edging my way to that WOE. I've been paring down my diet for a long time. I am celiac so I can't eat gluten, but while trying to adjust to that road I realized I don't handle any grains at all, nor can I eat starches, and I don't do well at all with fruit or most vegetables. So over time, bit by bit, I've minimized those things completely out of my diet. On March 1 I went back to Atkins, and have been reminded how I feel 1,000% better eating VLC. I lose weight it seems only when I am really LC. Like 15, 10 or less. I haven't yet succeeded in keeping it as low as I should for long periods, but I'm generally under 20. Since eliminating all sugar, fruit, most veggies (I mostly eat only salad greens now), even tea, I feel like a different person (this coming after a lifetime of digestive woes, mostly due to gluten and dairy). I still have some dairy, but not a lot. I even gave up wine, and found I don't even miss it. At this point in time I drink water and one coffee (cappucchino breve) a day, that's it.

I'm mostly been on a pretty true induction since March 1, and for the first time ever I can honestly say the rewards are absolutely no cravings ever, not one cheat (haven't been tempted), no anxiety, better sleep, and a totally calm digestive system. I guess something finally clicked in my brain, and at the very least, I plan to eat like this forever, no going back to any of the stuff that used to poison me. BUT...I may just end up ZC, who knows?

In any case, the ZC way of eating intrigues me, and I've read Charles' site but obviously don't deserve to be a member there yet! But I'm on my way, I think.