#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 06:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/120 Female 154cm
BF:34%/32%/20%
Progress: 26%
Default Mirena issues?

Hello!

I'm not sure I quite qualify as a turtle, but I have been sticking pretty closely to induction (no caffeine, very few sweeteners etc) and haven't lost anything in about a month (since my initial 7lbish loss on first going low-carb).

I'm pretty sure that at least part of the problem is the fact that I have a Mirena coil (with artificial progesterone). I know Atkins said that birth control hormones can stall weightloss, but I can't find any suggestions as to what to do about it, other than take the thing out, which I don't really want to do (its there for a purpose y'know...)

Has anyone else got this issue and managed (or not) to overcome it?

Other than that - I think I might need to look at restricting my calories (I'm currently eating 1700 - 2000 a day made up of <10% carbs, 25% ish protein, >60% fat). But I'd really rather not - I'm pretty happy eating the way I am, and can't stand being hungry...

The other option I guess is doing more exercise. I know I really should do this anyway, but I really struggle to find time to fit it in at the moment - I work full time and have 3 small children...

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully received!

Thankyou
Sponsored Links