View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 19:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/170/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default chiqui

chiqui, I wish I could give you the answer to your problem, but the truth is that I am not an expert. I found it extremely difficult to complete the first month of Atkins. And to add insult to injury, I only lost a pound or two in that whole month. (for some reason, men seem to lose weight really quickly. Are you a guy?)

I have lost around 25 pounds since October, and I still have a lot to lose--at least 40 more.

Once I completed that first month, it got a lot easier. Now it is second nature, and I know that although it is going to take my body longer than most, I will lose the weight.

This is the only "diet" that I have gotten used to and have been able to stick with. Yes, at times I miss breads, but I have some low carb replacements that I use from time to time (they stall me, so I only use them when the craving hits me because it's better than eating real bread.)

Today I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. At the main meal I had "barbacoba" and salsa, salad and a small portion of watermelon. I have my keto sticks with me and so far they help me to see if I am keeping the veg and fruit carbs under control--so far so good.

Last night we had "mole poblano" and all I can say is wow I loved it.

I am exercising a lot. Maybe I'll lose the weight a little faster here in Mexico because I am walking and climbing so much. Yesterday we went to visit a pyramid. The climb alone was more than all the exercise I've had all year.

Good luck Chiqui-- I hope you find your rhythm.