View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-30-15, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

What are your real goals, Lulee? If you don't know what you weighed to start, and you don't know what you weigh now, you haven't really given yourself a chance to succeed, have you?

But if all you want to do is lose weight, well, you are doing it: people are noticing. If you want to avoid gaining more, and be healthier, you won't do it by eating healthy and then going back to eating the way you used to, will you? In fact, you'll gain the weight back, and, if you are like most of us, you'll gain more, as well.

You are 5'10". If you were that tall and weighed 110, you weren't very thin. You were severely underweight. Your BMI was only 15.8.

According to the CDC, a healthy weight range for someone 5'10" is between 129 and 174. Now that's a wide range, true.

But think of the range of beautiful women out there; rail-thin people are not that common, and women of all sizes are beautiful. The issue with being overweight isn't so much the size as the health issues that become more common as you gain.

If I were you (and I'm not) I'd do two things. First, I'd invest in a scale. I would face whatever it is I weigh right now, and measure, as well. Second, I would write down what I want from life, why I want it, and when I want it. And I would ask myself, "How does the way I feel about my body affect all that?"

Weight change brings all sorts of painful stuff bubbling to the surface. Be kind to yourself. And remember that feeding yourself poison--and that's what high carb food is--is not kind.