View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 14:50

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

What I thought was my kryptonite turned out to not be. I thought I loved starchy foods. I do like them a lot, but it turns out that it is the toppings I love more. The allure of the starchy foods is they are so easy. Pretzels come in a nice bag and you can just eat all you want cause they are lowfat(my previous diets were all low fat). Well, going low carb it's harder to find convienent snacks especially crunchy ones.

So far this is how I have defeated the kryptonite.

Potatoes- loaded eggs: I whip up a couple or 3 eggs and use potato fixings on them bacon, chives, sour cream, cheese, and I spice them up with pepper, onion poweder, garlic powder and salt. That what I had for breakfast minus the bacon cause I am out.

Pizza- I have tried a couple of things here. I tried the egg and flaxseed crust, I hated, I ate the first one I made with it, the next day tried it again and ended up just eating the toppings. I have made meatzzas they are really yummy I mix ground chuck(it's 3/4 ground chuck) with about 1/4 sausage and pepperoni and just a little bit of sauce( a little goes a long way and if you are totally against sugar even in condiments you can skip it) cook it all the way top with cheese and it is delish even by itself. I have also sliced egg plant about 1/2 inch thick and baked for 20 minutes put my toppings on bake until cheese is melted, a little soggy, but very good.

Mexican food - I love mexican food the tortilla was I thought man's greatest invention. But again it is what goes in it that I really love.

I realize refried beans are pretty high in carbs, but they don't raise blood sugar so I think they are pretty safe carbs. What really kills them for being safe is that they are typically served with rice(usually white) or tortillas(even low carb ones are high if you add the bean carbs with them) anyway, I am not forbidding myself bean dip.

I reduced the amount of carbs I would normally have with my bean dip by adding a can of diced tomatoes. So it was a can of refried beans, one can of tomatoes(didn't used to put diced tomatoes) a generous amount of cheese and sour cream on top. I ate this with pork rinds. I am going to try this in the future adding shredded chicken or adding ground chuck. My guess is I can cut the carbs in half doing that.

Potato chips(one of my least favorite) - pork rinds, did you know they only have 80 calories for a one ounce serving, wow. That's even better than the no-fat chips at 100 something calories and I would eat a whole canister of those. I can't eat more than 4 oz of pork rinds even if I am starving.

Doritos- see potato chips