View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-06-17, 06:15

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

This discussion really hits home for me right now. Less than 2 weeks ago my granddaughter was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma, an aggressive bone cancer. I have written about it in my journal. She has already had surgery to remove a tumor on her spine and she is starting chemotherapy this Monday. Her treatment will consist of in hospital chemotherapy sessions every 3 weeks for 12 months. I introduced the idea of low carb eating for cancer to my son as something to potentially augment treatment, but I did it very off hand so as not to anger him. He is very "scientific" minded, nothing but evidence based for him and of course he is overwhelmed with this new reality effecting his daughter. I am just barely keeping grief and fear at bay. I wish I could take charge of her diet but I am just a sideline grandma but I'm ready in case the minds of those directly caring for her (father, mother, stepmother) should seem able to listen. I hate when nutritional politics interferes with real scientific possibility.

Jean