View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-14, 04:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I do agree, those are good numbers. Very likely that if you stay low carb and lose more weight they will continue to improve. Even that "high" by previous standards LDL squeaks into OK in the new formula.
As aside, I cannot believe there has not been even more outrage from doctors and patients that for years the drive was solely to get LDL as low as possible, under 100. And now, oops, we changed our minds about that. Here's a new risk calculator to up statins prescriptions and your doctor has his script pad out already, even if you don't hit those tougher guidelines!

Cholesterol Clarity which I highly recommend, and not just because my doctor helped write it, includes the suggestions to raise HDL naturally already listed above. HDL above 50 is good, optimal above 70. LDL is virtually meaningless, but it and VLDL (optimal 10-14) can best be lowered by eliminating carbs, particularly refined.
Your Trigs are spectacular, anything under 100 is the goal, they put optimal in the under 70 range, but I'd say 81 is there. The natural way to decrease or keep them low is Decease your Carbs. Also mentioned a cod liver oil supplement, but you already have great Trigs.

They have a chapter on the advanced tests, explaining what they can and can't do. You could get an NMR done yourself by using DirectLabs if you want. Know that what you eat in the five days before the test can impact those numbers. Frankly though, your HDL Trig numbers and ratio look so good, not sure it is needed. I'd just keep eating LC, get to your goal weight, repeat the standard lipid panel then.