#28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 19:09

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3boys
Santabarb--I re-read The Program yesterday and I feel really comminted to not focusing on weight over health! I think the fact that you aren't on blood pressure meds is HUGE And even if you haven't lost weight yet, this may be a sign that your body is starting to heal and the weight loss is just around the corner!
Let's all try to keep our spirits up and think about how we are preventing all kinds of nasty illnesses later in life

Dear Nicole,

Thanks so much for your kind words. You're right about not letting pessimism take over. Maybe you and Elizlea and I can form a prayer trio as we slog this out.
You and I are at about the same weight (alas for both of us). But I was thinking of how long it had taken for me to become overweight and then diet resistant--so I guess I'll learn how patience really is a virtue.

You mention The Program. Could you clarify what aspect of what book you are referring to?

Today's Food:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 bacon, 1/2 slice sprouted flourless bread, 1 tsp.Irish butter, decaf organic coffee with whipping cream and saccharin.

S: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 T mayonnaise

L: Chicken leg and thigh, Greek salad (feta, kalamata olives, tomato, iceberg lettuce, oil and vinegar)

D: Lamb cooked in 1 tsp coconut oil, 1/4 avocado, 1 square Valrhona bitter black chocolate: (has 15 gr carbs, 5 gr sugars, 6 gr proteins, 20 gr fat [12 of them saturated].

This Valrhona is so bitter that it quickly satisfies my chocolate tooth. There's just not much point in continuing after that first square because it's just not that great....Gotta work with my psychology, you know.