Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Quote:
I'll be curious to see if it is still tilted towards the assumption that the successful losers eat a low fat diet and exercise.

Please let us know. I joined the registry in 2001, with a low-fat/low-cal profile. Switched to LC shortly after that. They never asked about diet after the first survey, only weight. I never hear from them anymore.

FYI: I did take my first National Weight Control Registry survey over the weekend. I don't know what the questions were years ago, but I can't imagine that it has changed much. Nearly all of the questions are slanted towards the low fat, calorie counting, exercise your butt off paradigm. They never even ask what type of diet your are doing. Some questions cannot even be answered properly for a low carber given how the question was framed. And IMO, the people who formulated the section of questions involving the emotional side of overeating must operate on the premise that fat people are solely to blame for their plight. That section reeked of fat shaming, guilt, and blame. I took time to put some of my comments in the one opportunity for them at the end of the survey. I expressed my disappointment.