#10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-18, 21:02

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
Yes, good question, indeed. Since people often think of a healthy diet as one having a lot of fruit and veg content, is it really that those items actually cause some benefit or just the fact that a person is eating a healthier diet in that junk foods have been removed? As in they might be even healthier on some other healthy (junk/bad foods removed) diet with lesser amounts of plant materials included?
Yes, it could just be what they are not eating, rather than the fruit & vegs. Grains, legumes & dairy proteins cause problems for me (sore joints, headaches, allergenic asthma, sinusitis, dermatitis, brain fog, etc., all inflammatory immune responses). I don't have these problems if I eat ketogenically, but I can also be symptom-free on fruit & vegs or pure sugar for a while ... until hunger & cravings for grains, dairy & other junk set in & cause weight gain (due to lower amounts of satiating fat & protein & insulin resistance). But that doesn't mean that fruits & vegs is the optimal diet for me (or anyone).