#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default JAN'S EXERCISE PROGRAM

I am a recreational cyclist. For 14 years I trained for long rides, with at least one century ride each season. I wanted to "be the best I could be", and 6 years ago began to work with an Exercise Physiologist who provided me with an exercise program. Before each cycling season I had aerobic testing done. These results would provide me with the correct heart rate range to train in. I had a really great time with the long bike rides, despite the fact I hadn't discovered LCarbing, and was always struggling with food. I was diagnosed with low bone density 3 years ago, which resulted in my needing to change my training regimen substantially. I still absolutely love to ride my bike (distances not as long), and enjoy the memories of long rides with my cycling friends. Where I am now is focusing on strength training, & aerobic conditioning. I'm at the gym 5 days a week, strength training 4X, cardio 5X. Weekends are cycling in the season, otherwise long walks.

45 minutes gauntlet (level 9) using Fat Burner program at 80% maximum heart rate
lower body:
leg press 3 sets 10X each
leg extension "
leg curl "
abduction "
adduction "
calf press "
ab's "

I'll walk this evening, the weather is nice, so it will probably be for at least 30 minutes. I will attempt to walk through the winter again as I have done. I purchased small round lites (that are sold as bike lights) that I clip to my jacket. Want to walk safely!

My inquiry to you all is: Does anyone have any suggestions for web sites for strength and conditioning exercises? Also, has anyone tried Pilates??

Have a safe Thanksgiving to all.

jan
Sponsored Links