View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 20:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%

Hi there!

I don't think you are a whiner, it is frustrating to gain on a diet! There are tips on the orange bar above that you can review, but I'll list a few things I can think of!

1. Are you drinking enough water ? There have been numerous threads on the importance and function of water to/for the diet. Divide your weight by two and multiply by thirty to get the amount of ml to drink per day. IE: 166#/2= 83X30 is 2490 ml or basically 2.5 liters MINIMUM per day for me.

2. Hidden carbs - Use the carb counter, the hidden carb finder, fitday.com and any other resource to monitor your carbs. I don't usually micromanage my carbs, but it seems some people are really sensitive and you may have to. Since my stall I've really had to pay attention to this!

3. Also make sure your carbs are coming from pure "fresh" sources as opposed to mixing too many allowed but not fresh sources. Fresh carbs would be your green veges, allowed fruits. Make you carbs count for healthy foods.

4. Find strength and comfort in the ways you ARE improving - like the better sleeping, etc that you mentioned.

5. Don't give up - your weight may flucuate daily and weekly , but trending over a several months should see you losing weight or size as you reshape.

6. Find out what vitamins you need. Most of the plans recommend supplements - read the books and use the advice to formulate your personal blend of these for optimal health and weight management.

7. Also if you read enough threads here, you'll notice that starvation is not the way to go - I use fitday.com to monitor what my calorie count is. I usually pick at random a few days - it can be time consuming to punch in everyday.

Whew!
I'm tired of preaching! There are many other things to consider. Inform yourself as much as possible - read, search, learn. Sorry you are having a time of it and I hope you get some good insight from this great web site!
GOOD LUCK!
maryb