#8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-18, 15:43

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser

At any rate, ketosis not being important is just a contention--certainly non-ketogenic diets can be therapeutic, but anecdotally and clinically there are a lot of people out there who for instance only get seizure relief when their diet is a higher fat ratio ketogenic diet and their ketones are high. That still doesn't mean that the ketones are responsible for the therapeutic effect, I do better when I increase the fat ratio of my diet to a certain point, better mood, better energy, better workouts. But I haven't isolated ketosis as a cause, any of the things I do to increase ketosis might have some other effect.

I think there's a place for a looser approach--even if it were less effective, greater adherence might make for more benefits in a given population. I'm not up for making the toolbox smaller and turning people like me who need a slightly different approach away.

Very important distinction in your statement that I put in bold. Ketones are present, but the overall impact is complex and has many actors involved. Ketones are just one and their overall role/ impact/ influence is still in the process of being understood. I look at the presence of ketones as a marker that happens to be associated with my increased energy, feelings of well being, and alertness.