Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD4Life
Thanks for your replies! I loaned my CAD book out and never got it back so I just reordered one from Amazon. Just to refresh my memory. I originally started this diet in March of '96. I had been doing Atkins for a short time when a co-worker of mine turned me on to the Hellers. I couldn't believe it would work. But 52 lbs. lost and it sure did. I had lost approx. 7 of those following Atkins. It was just too strict for me and I was having pains in my kidneys. Finding the Hellers book was like heaven to me. It was always so easy to follow. I found through trials that if I ate just 30 g. of carbs during my CMs that I would go into ketosis right around dinner time but then my RM would blow that of course. I guess I kind of always combined the diets by taking just one day a week where I restrict my carbs to just 30 all day and let those ketones do their work but the next day I go back to CAD because two days of making ketones is obviously too rough on my kidneys. I say diet because up until now its been a diet that I've gone on and off of obviously. Now I need to really buckle down and make it a way of life for me. I haven't followed it for about 2 yrs. right now. I had forgotten how much better I feel when I follow it. No more heartburn, no more hypoglycemia, no more feeling so tired all of the time. The past 2 mos. I've really packed on the pounds by being a carb junkie. Sweets every day instead of a good breakfast, then something sweet with lunch or for lunch and just gobbling down twinkies and these fairly new cherry & cheese danishes every chance I get. And oh did I feel so yucky and tired. So far I've only been back on for almost 3 wks and have only lost 5 lbs. so far (I won't be averaging this weeks wt. until Sat.) but I don't care how long it takes me as long as I get there in the end. So, that's pretty much my story! I came here because I need the encouragement and support. My DH is a diet sabboteur!
Cara

im glad i look in here this morning do you like CAD so much better? i am 49 right now, but i think im going to try The Original... i sent away for MY CAD Book and it should be here tomorrow! i cant wait to get into it! ive been doing Atkins, but its Waaaaaaay to Hard on Me... i lost like 5lbs the first week and then POW! it came right back on and even tho ive been eating a Strict Legal Diet... nothing... this is since July 16th... Ughhhhhhhhhhh and since i think i "might" do a little better being able to eat a bit more carbs, i figure "why not try CAD"... it cant hurt to try! and reading Posts like yours helps me to BELIEVE Thanks For That Info!