Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 18:04
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench

I'm mostly curious how people are adapting to this way of eating. I've always been extremely low carb, but now am down to zero carbs, except what's in eggs and the occasional (VERY occasional) nuts I eat.

What do you tell people? I'm not a slave to what others think about my eating habits, but it does tend to get uncomfortable at times.

First thing I notice about zero carb is that my sweet/starchy cravings are minimal. I only remember once feeling edgy about eating something off the diet, and it was because my old lady was having the "low carb" ice cream for desert. How do they get away with the "net carbs" bs? Sugar alcohol isn't a carb? I used to accept it as real but now I think people are only fooling themselves with the net carb counts.

I still haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet, but when I dropped 100+ pounds in 1998 people first asked me if I was ok, then when I told them about my diet they thought I was kind of nuts. But back then I was doing the more traditional Atkins type diet where I always felt the need to say that I still ate veggies and "good carbs" and emphasis that i was eating good meat like poultry and fish. I still eat poultry and fish, but not like I used to. I pretty much eat 1-2 steaks a day right now for the most part.

Now I can't wait to tell them I'm totally carnivorious, especially since I work for a clinical research organization where lots of people put a premium on vegitation