Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOPS
Bear -

meat hardly has any calcium or magnesium - where are you getting your numbers from? I'm getting mine from nutritiondata.com.

Beef flank for an example - 3oz has ~ 5mg calcium and 20mg magnesium.

1 chicken drumstick - 6mg Ca and 12mg Mg

1oz hard goat cheese - 253mg Ca and 15mg Mg

On the contrary -

1 cup cooked spinach - 245mg Ca and 157mg Mg

1 oz almonds - 70mg Ca and 78mg Mg

Now obviously you'll just say - well, you feel great so obviously you get everything you need, but I'm telling ya - my Mg consumption goes down and I am the pmt monster from hell and I get depressed.

I need like 400mg Mg to feel good - indeed when I get close to this amount through diet I feel much better - how on earth am I supposed to get that from meat/eggs/cheese etc????

I just want to understand how this is supposed to work?

And surely it would be the same for everybody, unless I have a severe genetic glitch - and I know I'm not the only one.

Everything else makes sense - dropping grains and raw spinach etc because of the phytates interfering with mineral absorption.

Hell, I can eat 3 ounces of meat in just a couple bites!

I can easily eat anywhere from 1-2 pounds of meat a day
Three ounces of tri-tip, according to the website you listed has 10mg of calcium and 22mg of magnesium. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I extend those numbers across for 32 ounces thats approximately 100mg of calcium and 220mg magnesium. That's not including whatever else I eat that has it. Eggs are loaded with calcium, 156mg per egg according to the site.

Four scrambled eggs, a couple pounds of meat and a hunk of cheese goes a long way.