View Single Post
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-16, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ladies!

It is NOVEMBER and Halloween has come and gone.
I know the time will come when it is just another day around here, and I'm not ready for that yet!

Jaz- Man, I want to kick Mr Big's butt. You know, when he didn't call or text the first time and you were like "THAT'S IT, HE'S OUT!" I thought it was an over-reaction. People forget, make mistakes. But now, twice? And within a few days? I agree, he's behaving badly and that's not cool. It's really too bad because I had high hopes for Mr. Big.
That being said, I am really glad you are so happy at work and things are going well. You deserve that for sure! Sorry about the up-two. Temporary I'm sure!

Meme- That is fargin ridiculous, grown ups trick or treating. I mean, really? I've not heard or seen that around here! Just buy your own candy, have friends over and make a drinking game out of it or something! I am trying to figure out what my reaction would be if grown ups came trick or treating at my door. I mean, I can't see REFUSING them candy but I think I would be so BOGGLED!
My DH was way more into the pumpkin carving than the boys were- he did two and DS14 did one. Part of the fun for them is post-Halloween, they take the pumpkins out to the woods and play "pumpkin baseball" where they smash them to smithereens! Makes them happy and the woodland creatures happy too.

Blue- Yep, I do indeed like thrillers, within reason! Loved Gone Girl, Girl on a Train and the one about Cabin 10 just came in for me at the library. Those are more psychological thrillers than gruesome ones though. I'd love to hear your recommendation!
Your DH always strikes me as so loving, sweet and kind. Just a GOOD man, KWIM? And you guys have a sweet, sweet relationship. It truly makes me happy, to read about it when you share that little bit of insight.

Charms- Where in VA is Bedford?

••••••••••••

Halloween went well here. I made FIVE POUNDS of taco meat. I was going to make three pounds but then decided to go ahead and make all five, and then I could freeze some for an easy dinner later on. NOPE. Those nine teens plus my DH and DS18 and myself ate ALL FIVE POUNDS. And at most I had a quarter pound. CRAZY!! They hoovered it all up like a tornado came through! The baby carrots and dip sat forlornly on the island. The grapes were consumed also, however! Then off they went, all costumed up and threatened about being GOOD TEENAGERS and not crappy ones. They left around 7:15 and were back about an hour later or so, and then were outside in the dark playing tag. Gotta love a good group of kids. Parents came for pickup at 9 and hung out a bit. DS14 did homework until 10:15 and then begged for bed (!!) and so I got him up at 6 AM to finish up. It was a full day for him yesterday- he didn't get home from school until 5:30 and his friends all arrived at 6.

Today both boys have a half day (end of first quarter) but have to be back at the school by 1:50 for the XC bus to the Championship. I will drive over around 2:30 to watch- should take me about an hour. They are both running varsity level.

After some thought, I decided to approach yesterday as my first "Carb Nite Solution" attempt and see how my body responds. I ate a low carb breakfast and then nothing until around 3. Then I started my CNS. This my motivated by 1) my curiosity about the plan and how my body will respond- how would this work for me as a maintenance solution? and 2) I like to keep my normal holiday and seasonal traditions intact as I see fit, which I know doesn't apply to most on here but matters to me. So, for my CNS I had my last snowball of the season before the stand closes, four Oreos, three pieces of Halloween candy, and a taco salad with meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and a handful of fritos. That was between 3-8. Done and done. I felt satisfied and happily, not guilty. That is one of the things most important to me to work through in maintenance, to make choices and then to not feel guilty.

Today I was up exactly one pound. Totally fine with that. Also, TOM started yesterday as well, so really, probably should have been worse and might be tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone!