#10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-16, 22:16

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpl16
Thanks for the response. Did you start losing fat after 3 mo in ketosis or did you have to do IF in order to do so? What is 23:1 -- 23 hours of fasting 3 days a week?? I'm terrified of fasting based on extreme attempts when I was younger.

Your stats are so impressive and very inspiring! Thanks again for sharing.

To be honest, after being so strict after 3 months (really mostly in ketosis for 5 months) I was getting pretty frustrated and starting allowing in "just a few" extra carbs. Then I decided to have "just a couple" of chips, and then just "a taste" of refried beans (Mexican food is my thing). So I don't know how long I could have gone in ketosis without losing weight. It was the, "what the f*&k, I'm not losing any weight, so I might as well enjoy myself" trap. Anyway, it kind of went downhill from there where I was still relatively low carb, but even then I gain weight -- so I gained about 50 pounds in 5 years.

So now I'm willing to fast to get results. I think I'm in a better place overall, so I don't think I'll fall back into the "trap," but I'd still like to have the scale move in order to be motivated.

So what I did yesterday was have a normal low carb dinner. I ate late and stopped eating around 8:00 p.m. I got up in the morning and did some work while drinking a couple of cups of coffee with heavy whipping cream. I then left for the day and was just too busy to think about eating. Then I went to the gym to work out for an hour (a new thing for me), and got home about 5:30 p.m. I find that working out while fasting gives you a lot of energy -- just the opposite of what you would think. So about 7:00 I ate about 1/4 of an avocado to break my fast, then dinner at 8:00 -- so about 23 hours between food. So from the end of dinner the night before until the avocado I had no food and only water, coffee, and tea. I've been doing this for a few weeks now (about every other day) and I do not get very hungry at all. I might feel a slight wave of hunger, but just drinking some tea makes that go away (I especially like Good Earth spicy tea for this). It's kinda weird but I now look forward to fasting days -- I love how it feels to be so light and energetic. This type of fasting is not extreme and is actually quite healthy as long as you are in good health.

You can just try skipping breakfast to see what it feels like.

Kat