View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-11, 20:39

Plan: The Healing Diet
Stats: 210/190/170 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress:
Talking I love interval training

I don't love exercising in general but I do love interval training. I just got done about 5 hrs ago, and I still feel so good that I just had to wright a post about it. It really gets the endorphins flowing.

For anyone who doesn't know, interval training is short bursts of intense exercise combined with a more moderate pace. It's said that 20 minutes of interval training switching between an intense run and a walk burns more calories than a moderate 1 hr jog.

What's great about it is it's flexible. The average recommended time is 20 minutes. But if you're short on time, you can do just 10 minutes and still get a good workout. And if you have 30 minutes plus, you can make it a marathon workout.

If you're in not so good of shape, your intense burst can be a 10 second jog. If you're in great shape, you can adjust it up as much as you want. the most important thing is to get your heart rate up.

Then after your heart's pumping and you're breathing heavy, you take it easy for a minute or so. And it's adaptable to everything from walking/jogging to exercise bikes...to whatever.

Here's what I do. I have a bum knee from work, so I can't do high impact. But I do have lots of hills in my neighborhood. So I walk, then I see one of those nice juicy hills and I go up one either at a brisk walk or a slow jog depending on what the hill looks like.

I get to the top and walk slow until I get my breath back, after a minute, there's the next hill.

Even though at work I am moving all day, it does not compare to a short interval training workout. There's something about getting your heart rate up like that...it just makes you feel good. It kills the brain fog, food cravings, depression. I recommend everybody try it.

Once you force yourself to do it, it becomes very addictive.

Here's a link with some more info http://www.prevention.com/health/fi...00013281eac____
Sponsored Links