#7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 11:30
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the pectin tip, I will look into it and see what I can find out.

I'm not overly worried about the calories, but since I am aiming for a weight loss I do tend to watch them. What I find when eating this way is that because of the high fibre content I do eat less. I don't know if you have ever heard of the F-Plan, it is a high fibre plan - they aim for about 40grm of fibre a day - and the theory is that a lot of calories are excreted from the body undigested (sorry for the gross visual some may experience upon reading this) Also the fact that fibre is much more filling that other calories.

I just finished about a month of trying Atkins and lost nothing, it was day to day frustration of seeing the scale go down 2, up 3, down 3, up 4, over and over again. The Atkiners will all disagree with me but I was always hungry eating so much protein and fat
I couldn't help but watch my calories - I am 5'2.5 tall and so can't take in as much as a taller person. With 20 lbs to lose also need a lot less than some with much more to lose. I need the fibre to feel satisfied.

Whew I got a bit off topic there, I think it's generally agreed that calories DO count to a certain extent. That if a person continually eats a whole lot over what is required to support the body then weight gain will occur. On programs like Montignac if a person eats according to the rules then the chances of continually overeating are pretty slim so there should be no need to count grams or calories.

I am using the FitDay program because I want to see what I am taking in and what the results are and this gives a good look at proportions and I can use this info if I want to fine tune my intake.

It will be nice for you if you're husband starts the program
I'm finding it easier everday, not so worried about what not to eat with what!!!! I think that is basically no fat when the higher carbs are eaten, and full fat cheese to be eaten alone. I do till feel the need still to look in the book before I eat.

Mmmmmm lots of nice fish in Spain,

You enjoy the rest of your Sunday too