View Single Post
  #872   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 18:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Ok, I'm back, dobber headed up.

Jaz---IMO, struggle will never be absent from this woe, so we can expect it to come knocking at our door now and then, like...forever.

BUT, to ALL here, we need to keep in mind that "struggle" ALSO comes w/being a carb hound/addict, as in:

---Feeling bloated and duck wobbler like
---wearing clothes that hide rather than flatter
---health worries
---decreased energy
---that horrible over stuffed, slightly nauseous feeling
--- more heartburn,
---lack of feeling empowered to make better choices.
---lack of confidence in how we look
---As per my experience, more dental problems and more sick days
---That bad feeling when you know you're NOT in the driver's seat
---Loss of feeling lighter on one's feet
---Carb glaze and daze=demotivation

And I really could go on and on. SO, struggle on LC now and then, or struggle with the list above and MORE, every single day.

Jaz, You did a great job of fighting it off after a few days of being derailed. As I always say, the motivation is in the process. We get a couple of good days under our belt, and we want more good days. Getting started is always the hardest, in EVERYTHING.

LOVE your focus on school, and the road forward, including wherever you end up living. As opposed to that which is "not your circus." Detachment can be a good thing.

And, I'm glad, Ms. gypsy girl, you've resolved to stay put for now. One of my fave sayings: "Wherever you go, there YOU are." You have made a substantial investment in Atlanta, whether it feels like it or not. It's close to your children, and as others have pointed out, it's a big market w/lots of opportunities. Sometimes we just have to put some cement in our shoes and stick w/it. If you feel like running, do it on a treadmill, LOL.

Nic---Holy cow, I can not imagine how you made it thru your holidays running an infirmary in your lower level, and keeping up with holiday traditions above. No, wait, actually I can imagine YOU doing that. Honestly, if I inherited a big company tomorrow, I'd hire you to help me run it, from home of course.

I am so happy to hear you're doing induction to get you started back on the path. Induction is not forever, just a way to START, and like I said, starting is hard, so having a plan is GOOD. And if anyone can execute a plan if that anyone is so inclined, it is you!

Lori---Happy to hear your hours are slowing down, and also that your company is good about giving you days off when you want, as long as you give them the hat tip of planning ahead. Didn't know that. Good reason to keep that job. Fun money is just that---FUN. Like being able to keep all five pieces in your latest "Lori fashion bundle." They seem to really be getting to know your taste, and you seem to be having a lot of fun wearing things you love. See above list.

Trig---Oh wow, the pool was shut down. What a complete and total bummer. Being a water person like you, that would have disappointed/irritated me no end. Then the beach turns on you! It seems so WRONG that a walk on the beach could be "stinging." Oh well, at least you were probably glad to get home, which has value in itself.

You ARE OUR LCOW WARRIOR. Your commitment and strength on your woe is absolutely stunning to me. All the more so because I know that doesn't mean you're on easy street w/all this, and that you have cravings and certainly great temptations with those yappy carb hounds you live with. All the more my admiration. You are such an important part of this thread, in that you show us all how it CAN be done, if in our own ways, and for the most part, quite happily.

K-mom---Love all the vegetable soup recipes you got going here. I love reading recipes, just don't love making them, LOL.

Hubby makes a fantastic chicken Tortilla soup---savory and spicy and LC--- and it answers to the same need as vegetable soup for me. Like Nic I keep my veggies on the LC side, but don't worry about tomatoes and onions, or green beans, celery (boring raw, but a great flavor in soups) or lettuces and occasionally some squash. Hub's Tortilla soup is heavy on chicken and great spices, bathed in tomato/onion/spices broth. I have put my order in w/him for a big batch for the new year.

Loved your story about the SD and trying to put your make up on ALONE. Ha. A woman really should have that moment to herself. And I know that feeling of returning your home to pre-Christmasy. Seems simpler and less cluttered.

We don't put up much these days, in fact, only our table tree and some fave holiday things under its branches. Not ready to take it down quite yet...still sparkly and happy and reminding me of a very good Xmas now past. Good news is, "taking it all down" will take about 5 minutes. Less is more these days for me.

Will re-start water challenge tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling SO much better than my earlier post. Helped greatly by a nice chat w/my son. Was missing him so much. Today he started a new job at one of the finest restaurants in SF. My pals there told me it's the best of the best, in all the local mags, and the chef is famous.

He is a server, and when it gets to a restaurant like the one he's taking on now, it's a very demanding professional job requiring extensive knowledge of wines, ingredients, cooking methods, and the exact proper table settings, including the proper utensils for any meal ordered. He has a HUGE handbook he's studying like crazy.

But he was really jazzed today after his first day on the job yesterday. For the first week he's just "following" which means he is assigned to a top server and all he's expected to do is watch and see how it all works. He told me the skills of this guy blew him away.

He was at a very popular and trendy SF restaurant---we ate there, twice and it was so fab. But he wanted to take it further and make more money, so he went out and got this job on a walk in! IOW, he walked right into this uber restaurant and chatted up the hostess, got himself an interview w/the mgr. At first they said no openings, we'll keep you on file. Right before we came, they had texted him and said "You're on, we want you to be part of our family."

Sorry to go on and on gals, not guilty of this often, but SO very proud of my son. In 3 years he's worked himself to the top of restaurants in SF. AND, frankly, it's just the challenge he needs right now, as he was struggling for various reasons. In a rut, not challenged. Well, he will be now. Mama is bursting w/pride and hope for him.

Still on plan. Not the "snap" it usually is for me, because the holidays and the vacay added up to over 2 weeks of food debauchery for me. Although I will say, not cheap bad carbs, nothing processed, no snacks, few desserts. Still, plenty of carbs.

But as Chad and Jeremy would say (LOL, figure that one out you youngin's) "but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone.")

Thinking about my word for this year. Will say more on that tomorrow. Lord knows, I've already made up for in size of post, for all those days gone.