View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-16, 20:52

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

That green bean casserole was created by Campbell's Soup
company to make us buy their soup and they probably own the fried onions rings too!

I started this WOE a few weeks before Thanksgiving so here is what I do.

Green beans (fresh)with toasted slivered almonds in butter

Cauliflower casserole, I boil first, drain some, place in casserole with a butter, cream, parmesan cheese sauce; you can microwave the three ingredients and pour over plus top with more cheese and brown.

I made dressing/stuffing with Almond flour and nobody knew...

My all time fav for appetizer is spinach dip with 50/50 mayo&sour cream with chopped water chestnut, chopped green onions and lots of spices like onion and garlic salt etc.. I dip with celery and everyone else uses crackers.

More appetizers: A variety of cheeses is good.
Olives, baby dill pickles, marinated artichokes, pickled okra(we're southern) and baby corn (for them)

I hijacked the recipe from a high end deli/caterer called Eatzie. I use fresh whole cranberries in the bag. I add orange rind or (back in the day a little orange juice) and a sugar substitute, dash of cinnamon is good too. I also crumble pieces of pecans in it as the deli did. Everybody goes crazy over this.

The garlic mashed potatoes I make are literally 1/2 fat. I roast a whole head of garlic then pop each clove out and mash then add to the already mashed potatoes.
In the potatoes I use cream cheese, cream and butter all hot and melted when you add them. Let the others eat that!