#12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi

Quote:
the only problem is that sometimes it gets bland and boring. Its a bit of a challenge to come up with innovative ideas to make the meals more enjoyable.

I agree with you regarding the above. Especially when you crave things like fruit. Luckily I really don't miss things like potatoes, bread and pasta. As long as I can have my coffee with cream every morning - I'm happy!

I do have fruit now and then - Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries. Yesterday I made a really delicious Ice Cream with them and stuck it in the freezer for Xmas. As far as the rest of the Xmas meal is concerned I feel I can have more yummy things than I could on a low-fat diet - like Gammon, Roast Lamb and roast veggies like pumpkin. I really don't think I will miss the potatoes and gravy either.

Are you still on induction levels or have you moved up the ladder to OWL? I have added more things like the fruit, nuts and other veggies but I'm still sticking to about 25 carbs a day.

Do you find you have to count calories as well? I know you don't have to on Atkins but the age I am (42) I find that the losses improved after cutting back.

Hope to speak to you soon - we can swop tips on getting LC products in this country - not very easy!