View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/157/125 Female 5' 2"
BF:28%/28%/20%
Progress: 14%
Default How wonderful to find this thread...

Last week I was prepared to post a good-bye to everyone. I'm on the longest stall in history! I lost about 5 lbs last November and nothing since. In fact, I've just kept regaining and losing the same couple of pounds for months now. But this WOE makes me feel good.

Everyone that I've recommended this too (all younger) I'm 53, has done really well. We eat our lunches together and discuss the plan ad nauseum.

Well, I've been following all the advice I've read on this forum and tried to do everything perfectly. I've also tried to figure out why it isn't working for me. I took tests to see if I had alergies that would cause the problem, ate extra fat, recorded everything on fitday, blamed myself for hidden carbs that I may have not known I was eating, blamed my mother for her cooking (see lives with me and at 84 is still underweight), you get the picture.

Well, I think I had a revelation...I'd been eating 10 times my goal weight in calories, and I believe that's the culprit. I started eating below 1000 a day, like I always used to do, and I'm down 2 lbs. Eureka! Maybe that 10x's rule works for the younger more lively crowd, but not for a mature, post-menupausal, non-athletic type like me (ha). My only exercise is walking, and then only when the weather is good.

So...how nice to meet you all! Maybe I'll stick around for a while longer. No one says you can't also count calories on this plan, even Atkins suggests watching your caloric intake. I'm eating plenty, but just made a few adjustments.

Thanks for starting this thread!