View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 08:24

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 147/138/129 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Frustratingly Slow but determined...

Hi Everyone--this is the first time I've posted a note, although I've been a regular reader of all the forums. Guess the "Over 50 and Slow To Lose" struck a chord with me! I first began LCing WAAAAY back in the 60s when Dr. Atkins' first book hit the stands. I was still a young teenager, but wanted to be "thin and in" regardless. Was also anorexic for a spell before, so you could say I've done a real job on my metabolism. Back then I could easilylose 5 pounds a week. Not so today!

Anyway...I've LCed many times over the years, always with results...relatively...but the ONE thing I never learned then was that this must be a WOE, not a diet. Consequently, the weight always returned--sometimes quickly; sometimes more slowly.

So now I'm in the midst of what might be termed "The Final Battle" i.e. doing this properly at last, so results will be permanent.

Of all the things I think I've learned up to now, I think the following must be the most crucial to success:

1. This is NOT a "quick fix"; it must be a WOL
2. Patience and persistence are key: don't give up, for results WILL follow if you're determined and follow your plan.

End of epistle! I can't say how much I admire folk on this forum who have much more to lose than I do, but remain committed, enthusiastic, and positive throughout! Kudos to all of you!