View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 08:06

Plan: Medical Weight Loss Center
Stats: 238/220/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Finally LOST some weight!

FINALLY...I've figured out what will work for me. Turns out I had to give up the cheese, most of the butter, whipping cream and the high fat meats (bacon, sausages, beef)...I eat a LOT of fish...almost every day; chicken thighs, vegeatable (brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus). A salad for lunch and lamb (usually in a gyro sandwich of which I only eat half the pita) and I've lost (drum roll)...ALMOST 20 POUNDS!! For me this is a big breakthrough. I was on Atkin's from July to Jan. 1 and only lost 5 lbs. On Jan 1 I started by visiting a commercial weight loss clinic but found out after a while that their diet is mostly low carb (or minimal carbs) fish, chicken and veggies. I still go and weigh in 3 times a week (helps to keep me on track to know I will have to go and "face the girls")...and I drink at least 64 oz of water a day...some days more. I eliminated the cream from my coffee and the sweet n low and just drink it black...it's not too bad. I think my problem was all the high fats. I also walk for 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week on my treadmill. So this combination is what's working for me. I'm still a turtle...but at least now I think I've found what works for me...