View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 18:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Fun for you to try out a job, and how perfect for you it's in a Sporting Goods store! Can't believe you're all packed on Sunday when you don't leave till Thurs. You are one prepared gal.

Nic---Hear your joy at seeing your son! So great he is close enough to do that! Best result evah all things considered from a trying college search.

Congrats on the pound plus down! When you decide you're going to motor it off, it motors off!

Was really intrigued by the umami paste, been googling. All kinds of uses for this stuff, and these are flavors I LOVE. Super savory.

Jaz---Are you windy and rainy there yet? Sounds like you guys are just going to get heavy rain, maybe like a bad thunder storm. And hey, maybe you'll get a day to work at home out of it!

Trigger---Are you seated in the big mamma seat in the uber truck yet? Who knows, you may come to love it. Although it would certainly be more useful up here where I live. You could go anywhere in any snow storm.

Happy to hear you hiking and walking again. Dang, I gotta get my butt moving. Right now what's going on in my head is tiring me out, but I know that would be greatly improved if I got some exercise. With Fall/winter coming, my fave walking weather, I hope I get going.

K-mom---I have once again started cutting the crusts of the "new" LC bread. Figure it brings it down to about 6 or 7 net carbs per slice. Makes a neat little sandwich, or open face. Still, like you, having it A LOT less.

Sunday water: 3/3. Just ambling along on this. Improvement needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha. So I believe I wrote that I had no problem walking away from ice cream and toppings. And I don't and didn't. What I didn't count on at last night's neighborhood ice cream social, is that one of our neighbors has her mother from Austria staying with her. The mother is by profession, a baker. OMG. She brought like, 4 pans of incredibles. Suffice to say, I had my treat night. So unusual for me to spend it on sweets, but these were extraordinary treats.

Back on plan today. In fact, have fasted all day. No problem to do so. I continue not to be hungry or much interested in food...last night was just too much to resist tasting. Still, woke up this morning just meh on food again.

Had a sirloin steak w/a dollop of hubby's peanut sauce on it and K-mom's sliced tomatoes for dinner. And that's it for today.

Tomorrow starts another very busy week. I worked part of today to mitigate that, and then just flopped on the sofa for the afternoon and read my heart out. Wish there was a better name for this than "book worm" not fond of worms.

I am reading two books simultaneously, which I rarely do, but these two books make for a very interesting juxtaposition. One is a novel so UNUSUAL and disarming, but very compelling called the "World of the End." It imagines life after death in a way that is...well, very different. AND, it's a good story to boot. Then simultaneously reading"The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav---a guide to locating one's higher self. A very old, very dear friend sent this to upon hearing of our coming decisions.

It's a really good read, something you take a chapter at a time, and read several paragraphs over again. It has an amazing take on life and the soul, and how to access the best parts of us and let go of fear and anger and other things that drag us to the bottom of the sea too often. I need this right now.

Sorry Jaz, but that means I've put off the Dali Lama/Desmund Tutu book for a bit, but I'll get to it. It's just that this old friend has known me since we were 12, and she herself is battling a return of cancer, and yet is SO strong and positive, that it blows me over. I asked her how she does it? She said, I'm going to send you a book that changed my life. She did, and I'm reading it.