Thread: Leg Cramps
View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Salt, salt, salt.

If you are not taking in enough salt to balance the water you are drinking, the other electrolytes (potassium, calcium, magnesium, chloride) are going down the toilet. Literally.

Can you quantify (as in teaspoons) how much salt you are drinking each day? How many cups of chicken broth? Also, 100 oz of water per day may be excessive. Are you drinking to meet thirst or drinking more because you think it is good for you?

I'm not really sure how much sodium. I haven't a clue about conversion from mg to teaspoons and any sort of math makes my head hurt. 😜 But I can tell you I usually have 1 bottle of propel (200 something mg) and approx 2 cups of chicken broth, to which I even add about a tbsp of salt. As far as the water, I've alway been a big water drinker, even when I was eating terribly. I can't say I'm terribly thirsty often, but maybe because I never have a chance to be, as I pretty much always have water with me. I definitely don't force myself to drink it. From the little I've read, I assumed that at my weight, the amount I drink wouldn't be excessive. Although, I do go to the bathroom ridiculously often and not to be indelicate, but my urine is always nearly clear by the end of the day. I'd hate to think I need to cut back on water but what you're saying does make sense. Thank you!