View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 13:38

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

I learned about Dr. Fung from the Diet Doctor site, and I got a lot of valuable information from Fung's various videos. I also bought his book on IF. I've incorporated his ideas into my own routines, which I vary. Sometimes I do a complete 24 hour fast, but no more than once a week. Typically I do a 16 hour fast almost daily, in which I eat dinner about 5 pm and don't have breakfast until at least 9 or 10 the next day, and sometimes not until around noon. I never want or eat more than 2 meals a day anyway. I've also consciously tried to put my eating window into a 5 or 6 hour window on most days.

I change the IF up quite a lot, but it has actually become an easy and "normal" way of eating for me now. AND....I believe this approach finally allowed me to drop weight more consistently than ever before so that I'm finally only 10 lbs from my goal. I keep my food choices pretty much to basic Atkins induction, and have done so the whole time. I'm terribly carb sensitive so I gave up on moving up the Atkins food ladder....doesn't work for me. But I'm OK with that.

In terms of exercise, I'm all over the map. I always have a gym membership, but during winter I ski a lot so I don't go to the gym much. I go more to do weight workouts but I also do cardio there as well, and I'm about to get back into spinning classes because I love that. But I do more gym workouts in spring-summer-fall, although I do mountain biking in summer as well as some hiking, and I'm now walking more on a regular basis (I got a Fitbit because I love data feedback, and it's great). I also have a mini trampoline that I hadn't used much for a few years, so I'm going back to that too.

You can drop weight at any age if you are consistent and patient enough and don't fall off the wagon with food. I've done my best ever with weight loss the last few months, and I'm 67.