View Single Post
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-15, 11:01

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Extremely informative thread, thanks to all who posted links and information starting with the first Rob Wolfe blog Nancy posted. I'm trying to absorb this, as I've had a few family members who are cancer survivors and some victims. One of the books published a few years ago that got my interest in this topic is by David Servan-Schreiber a scientist / psychiatrist who suffered two separate episodes of brain cancer and after the second dedicated his research focus on potential food/external sources of cancer triggers: Anticancer: A New Way of Life.

Timely, and very detailed, Amy Berger's Tuit Nutrition blog is in the midst of a series comparing the Metabolic Origins Theory (MOT) (where cancer is the result of metabolic abnormalities) and the Somatic Mutations Theory (SMT) (where cancer is the result of mutated DNA). Her multi-series blog on this is very detailed in biochemistry and covers a lot of the information in the Wolfe blog on this topic (yes, another link): http://www.tuitnutrition.com/

I found it very interesting.