Old Thu, May-19-11, 16:53
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortonMan
Well, (blush) I suppose I am in OWL, because I do a little of this and that with strawberries, almonds, broccoli, and the like.But I have yet to climb the ladder and find my carb limit (whatever the acronym).

CCLL-critical carb limit for losing

CCLM-critical carb limit for maintenance

Yes, you do need to climb the carb ladder and introduce new foods of your liking for 2 reasons, A) to find your CCLL and CCLM, and B) to really find out which foods are going to be problematic for you--can you even have them as part of your WOE.

The other thing, you may be surprised that your body may allow you more carbohydrate than you think in maintenance.

With only 7 pounds to lose, because the weight loss has slowed down when you're so close togoal, it is difficult to differentiate if a certain food is causing your weight loss to slow or if your weight loss is slow because you're close to goal

The other thing to remember, is that Dr. Atkins said that even though you climb the carb ladder, it does not mean that you eat from all the rungs every day, nor does it mean that you HAVE to eat from a certain rung--I rarely if ever (Never say never) eat from the wheat grain. Once in a blue moon eat from the legume grain except maybe for peanuts and peanut butter, always partake in rung 5