Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 11:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
Like what? Killed a person? After 147 pounds the only way you're going to get a "-" in my book is if you killed a person.

"Some days I have simply eaten too much LC food."
Oh Caca de Toro. You've lost 147 pounds.

"I've knocked myself out of ketosis 3 times by going a little too high on the carb count. The cutoff for me appears to be around 50 total carbs."
You know your carb limit too? Wow. And that's a problem? How did you plan to find it, by not hitting it three times? Three data points is the bare minimum required to know a mean and a variance. So you have a working understanding of your carb limit with the mathematically minimum number of data points. And this earns you a "-"?

"I'm still working on my plan and still trying to address bad eating habits that are hindering my progress. I give myself an A- for this year. There is room for improvement and I hope to earn an A+ by the end of my second year."
Keep Calm and Keto On.

Just setting myself up for lifelong maintenance, dude. Lose weight? I can do that. I've always been able to do that. This much in a year? Well, no. But I've lost over 50 at least half a dozen times and as much as 90 pound before. The problem has always been staying there. Clearly, something was not working. Old habits die hard and those habits need to be addressed. I've been hanging out in some JudyNYC threads a lot lately and she sets the bar pretty high. It is "do or do not - there is no try (Yoda)". I'm still shooting for the 100% "do" part. When I get to where I'm going, I want to be very well versed in how I need to be eating everyday. Only then will I be reasonably sure that I can do something that I have never done before... Keep the weight off.