Old Thu, Apr-09-09, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I guess my real question is, if you're full, or satisfied, do you force yourself to consume the minimums?

I stand by what I wrote above. I only eat until I'm satisfied, which is well before full - and therefore I never force myself to eat anything. As I said earlier, for me it all averages out. If I eat less on one day, I tend to eat more the next day. And less the day after that.

Quote:
What sort of meat options do you generally use? I've been looking at ones I thought would be really fatty but they're quite high in protein.

As I wrote in post #2:

"You can eat beef whenever you like, since most protein counts remain the same by weight. Sure, fattier meat might seem like it has a lower protein count per oz --- but --- only if you're eating all the melted fat in the pan as well as what remains on the meat. I learned that the hard way. Go ahead, weigh your raw bacon. Then weigh it again after it's cooked. It might weigh 5 oz. raw - and an OUNCE cooked. There's 4 ounces of fat in that pan!"

In other words, fattier meat is as protein-laden as lean meat. But it tastes a lot better.

Quote:
Do you have numbers for the protein/fat content of brie without the crusty part?

The 'numbers' would be identical to the brie with crust -- but -- you can eat more of the actual brie if you weigh it without the crust. In other words, if you were planning to eat 3 ounces, a 3 oz piece without the crust will be bigger than a 3 oz piece with the crust.

Lisa