View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-16, 12:03

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

After reading the posts to this thread, it bears stating that it is advisable to do thorough research on statins before starting down this road. As Janet indicates, one who is following a LC eating plan will have high LDL in early stages. It is particularly fuzzy if that LDL measurement is estimated and not measured. How to know? If you had a simple and standard cholesterol test, the LDL is estimated and not measured. If you had an NMR Lipid Panel, LDL is measured and broken down into types and amount of LDL types.

Most cardiologists will prescribe a statin as a safety measure, and this is where you need to do the most research, as the pharmaceutical companies adjust statistics regarding statin effectiveness in a very favorable way for them. Doctor's are very good are reciting these statistics, so they've learned well. For those who may be candidates or have been prescribed statins, you must do the research, as there are opposing views by very qualified people. A book I highly recommend is "Fat and Cholesterol Don't Cause Heart Attacks and Statins are Not The Solution" which is a compilation of articles by professionals active in the field. To many in the standard medical establishment, it may be considered heresy. However you decide to go, it's always best when you're able to make an informed decision. Only you can do that with knowledge. What I recommend is only for myself, so be cautious with anyone who has a definitive solution and be thorough when traveling this road. Good luck and all the best with your journey.