View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 15:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 156/118/120 Female 65 inches
BF:36%/22%/18%
Progress: 106%

Ok, if your thyroid was fine on the blood test, then stress can be a factor. I'm in the same situation as far as re-starting PP with not a lot of weight to go. I know a thing or two about stress - I had an illness that I nearly died from 2 years ago. It took a long time to recover my health, and there's always some ongoing stress. But, here's something I learned in the process.
The weight that I lost during my illness was much more muscle than it was fat. Although I re-started PP about 2 weeks ago and was technically not overweight, I was overfat, and really wanted to increase lean body mass. I think you should try to get your %body fat measured. If you don't have enough lean tissues and you are near goal, it's going to be very difficult to lose the weight that you want to lose. You will have to do some weight-bearing exercise to build muscle and increase metabolism - it's crucial to the plan. Stress is very good at raising blood sugar levels, storing fat, and destroying lean muscle mass. Getting some resistance exercise will reduce your stress and help you out in all of the right ways.

It's been 2 weeks on the plan for me. I only have dropped 5 pounds on the scale but lost a whopping 12% of my body fat (a full third of it) by incorporating resistance training, biofeedback, and good stress vitamin supplementation along with the plan. I hope this helps - let me know how it's going!