View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-18, 13:05

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I found it relative and an interesting note that in the following video by Dr. Bikman, he notes the importance of a healthy Insulin to Glucagon ratio. A healthy one is as close to 1 as possible or very low on the insulin side. One of the points made in the video is that protein (in this case red meat) added to a SAD diet significantly bumps up the Insulin side. Protein added to a low carb WOE has little influence and enables the individual to maintain around a 1.3 I:G ratio. When studies are done with the intent of isolating a root cause food, it's important to accurately understand how the combination of all foods work together. This is one example where depending on which foods protein is consumed with, it can support health or reverse health. So, it's simply not correct in stating that red meat is unhealthy in and of itself.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/video/presentations/bikman

This link may require a membership to DietDoctor.com, but it's one of the most informative videos I've seen lately that provides a foundation of knowledge related to the healthy consumption of protein. Red meat marbled with fat is identified as one of the healthiest forms of protein.