#6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 08:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Thanks for posting this- we need more discussions on maintaining. It's different from losing- and there's a lot less support here.

I agree with Kristine- I don't do it on purpose but in the 15 years of LC I have gained back 10 or so pounds. I have to be honest and admit that I was a lot stricter when losing. I added back some foods that I had pretty much eliminated (like alcoholic beverages and most sugar) and gained a bit, then changed some medications and gained a bit. I have never lost that weight- it's like my body reset at a higher weight. I have maintained this weight for about 8-9 years so I think I have it now.
I have a fear that one day this will just "stop working" and that I will gain and not lose. So I do watch my eating and weight on a daily basis. It is so easy for me to go down that slippery slope of eating more and more carbs. I don't feel that I am in control of my body- it is mysterious to me how it all works. But LC changed my life- and I'm sticking with it.
In an answer to you, maybe posting and talking about it will help you get a handle on this and be able to focus on the maintaining skill set as opposed to the losing weight skills you have down.

E