Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina1957
I have to clarify: when we troubleshoot mechanical system or equipment, we need to isolate one part (or mechanism) at a time to find broken part of failed mechanism, this I beleive all mechanical ...<snip>

Ok, it's a complicated mechanism with lots of feedback loops. It isn't clear to me why changing the word form 'mechanism' to 'system' makes all the difference as for the purposes of discussing the human body they seem equivalent. Sure, there are lots of problems with heart bypass but the procedure is seen as a stopgap, to keep someone from dying sooner. Which unfortunately, is not always the case.

Quote:
... but the opposite is not clear either.

I'll interpret that as a 'no', you can't back it up.

Quote:
I don't focus on anything, I see CAD is a combination of factors, not just LDL as a single cause per se, but given other facrtor that we all agree do play role +high LDL indeed can trigger cardiac event. So I think it is prudent to keep LDL at certain level, but this is JMO. From my side of the fence, it looks like you are fixated on low TRG, which (unless they are really high) have no place in the equation, and choose to ignore LDL all together.

I am not aware of any definative evidence, could you link it? As far as triglycerides, no, I am not overly attached to them but I do think it provides a good indicator of how your metabolism is running. High triglycerides indicate problems with carb metabolism and for various reasons discussed on this forum make it much more likely to have heart disease. (before you dig up some obscure, rare disease that raises triglycerides, I conceed that point, but for the 99% of all other causes... ) High LDL is a much weaker indicator of this metabolism (a mechanism or a system? ) but certainly is somewhat influenced. High LDL alone doesn't tell you much, e.g. high LDL with concurrent low triglycerides is not a problem.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words anyway, I got carried away, should not have gotten into this discussion to begin with.

It would be so much simpler if I could control peoples minds! It will be another 2 years before my first Orbiting Mind Control Laser is launched!

Kind regards