View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 08:59

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Mackerel are an oily fish, much like bluefish, only smaller. Can catch in bunches on the northeast coast during certain times in the summer season. I love fish, but don't care for either mackerel or blues, as they don't compare to the white meat from cod, haddock, flounder (sole), or other fish from colder waters. However, the have a higher omega 3 content, so there's that. I have never tried them canned, but do favor sardines or anchovies from a can. Good on salads, etc. But in all cases, I'm referring to wild caught fish, not farmed.

I do supplement daily with The Very Finest Fish Oil (Lemon flavor) by Carlson. Yes, fish oil supplements have been somewhat controversial with some claiming nirvana and others claiming no positive impacts for brain or heart. Me? I take about 2 teaspoons mostly daily, as I believe it provides a source of healthy omega 3s, and if nothing more, it balances the omega 6s I'm sure to be consuming from other foods. Any hey, I love a good placebo effect, and even in the unlikely event where that's the only value I'm getting, I'm all for it!