View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 23:51

Plan: low carb - PP and my own
Stats: 222/209/162 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 22%

You know, most of us Americans have been raised nourishing our sweet tooth...practically everything we eat can be (and often is) served with sugar...I adore sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken...our catsup and steak sauce are loaded with sugar...we've gone through times when we eat candy and drink sodas every single day...it's no wonder we have felt almost numb to the sweetness...

Interestingly, when you LC, a little sweet "cheat" goes a very long way...like nursing that Pepsi...it's almost like drinking syrup...reminds me of glucose tolerance test I took once (Planned Parenthood made me take it to get birth control pills after age 35--of all things!) - I had to drink this thick, heavy, gloopy syrup and I couldn't finish all they wanted me to drink...I finally told them, "no more!" I couldn't swallow any more without gagging...

That's almost what it's like now to have a sweet - it's overwhelming---I opened a can of Lipton's Brisk lemon iced tea the other day--I was so thirsty and thought I'd try it ('cause I love it!) - well, I couldn't get past about 4-5 oz. of it, and it's still sitting, opened and waiting, in the fridge...today I picked it up, took a tiny sip, shook my head, and placed it back in the fridge. (I never throw anything out until it turns green or curdles!)

which reminds me, does anyone know when it's time to throw out leftover tofu that's been opened? I was going to use some today, and it was kind of slimy and discolored around the edges...I tossed it.