View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 12:09

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
On a side note, I have learned a few other things about my blood glucose with wearing a continual monitor. Protein is my friend. I know that many people out there feel the need to limit protein strictly. This is not true for me. Protein lowers my blood glucose post meal. Now, I know there are some folks out there who will say that is because protein raises insulin. That is true. But I’m not trying to live a life of NO insulin, I’m trying to live a life of LOW insulin. I’m not going to fret over the amount of insulin needed to cover a blood glucose of 85-95. With decent amounts of protein, I feel better, can workout physically hard, and see better results with my weight. Once again, your response to protein my differ, but for me, it is my friend.

This is a statement with which I can very closely relate. I've been messing with protein levels for a few years now, and eating more protein is beneficial for me, enables me to lose or maintain weight, and, along with the fat it tends to contribute, keeps me satiated longer. Again, this is my reaction to greater amounts of protein, and I'm not making this statement because I think it's the correct approach for others, some, maybe, certainly not all others.

If I overeat cheese, that's where I tend to notice physical changes due to inflammation and weight gain. Cheese has protein, but I believe it's the type of protein that messes with my metabolism. I can eat it occasionally, and I'm better off using it as a holiday or milestone snack rather than a regular part of my daily or even weekly eating. Again, this is just me, but knowing and becoming one with the protein that works for you is extremely valuable.